Monday 28 April 2014



Since young, I have always been a big-sized girl. 



During my primary school days, I was not fit at all. I failed all my physical tests (NAPFA) and I was overweight. When I was 12 years old, I was 65kg standing at 1.62m tall.
However, it didn't bother me that much. I had McDonalds almost every single day; I was eating about 4-5 meals each day and desserts were always a must. It wasn't till I started playing basketball when I was almost thirteen that I finally started exercising.

And of course, I still pretty much hated running back then.

After entering secondary school, I had the idea of joining a sports CCA to lose weight. Even though I doubted that I would get into any sports CCA, I must say that I was fortunate enough to ended up in Softball. I knew nothing about it initially and yet I have strong passion for it right now. Softball days in secondary school definitely made me fitter with tough trainings and I kinda start to like running. I must say that secondary days were my fittest moment and I weighed 62kg standing at 1.69m.

I played basketball in my college days and it was certainly tough for me as I wasn't a fast runner. After tournament ended in June 2012, I stopped exercising and I reached my all-time heaviest weight: 66.5kg (I was 1.71m tall). I wasn't shocked but I was kinda sad and demoralized when I couldn't fit into my clothes anymore. Hence, I decided to embark on my first weight loss journey (which i will be posting up soon).

I did 'succeed' in my first weight loss journey as I shed a total of 9kg over a few months. However, as university started, I failed to maintain my healthier lifestyle and in a few months time, I gained back all the weight and fats that I have lost. Once again, I could no longer fit into my clothes and I started to hate my own body and myself. Insecurities; fear and many other emotions started to make my life terrible. Then, I decided that it was time for me to do something about it- there was certainly no point complaining and hating myself for what I have done to myself. I need to change my lifestyle. No more snacks; junk food and lazing all day in bed watching dramas.

So, welcome to join me on my second weight loss journey (starting on 1st May 2014) as I will be sharing my daily diet and workouts! Feel free to ask me any question using ask.fm (which can be found on the right side of my blog) and let's do this together! :)

Love,
G.




Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment